The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale ended its two-day run Oct. 13 in Central Florida with moderate losses of 12.8% in its average price and 6.7% in its median price. There was a smaller catalog than in 2008, when the auction was three days long, and that contributed to a 30.7% plunge in gross revenue and a 20.6% decline in the number of horses sold.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby