In what is expected to be her final start, Successful Song secured the most lucrative victory of her career when she cruised through the stretch to easily win the $300,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Distaff Stakes.
Quick Tip took the lead on the second turn under jockey Richard Migliore and held off the late charge of Southern Fiction to win the $150,000 Florida Oaks (gr. III) Sunday at Tampa Bay Downs. Quick Tip's Florida Oaks win marks the second straight year a filly bred by William S. Farish and trained by Neil Howard won the 1 1/16-mile race.
Hallowed Dreams won her second consecutive race after having her record-tying 16-race win streak snapped this summer, holding on for a neck victory in a tough allowance race Friday at Fair Grounds. In the feature race, Song for Annie led all the way to win the $75,000 Furl Sail Handicap by 4 1/2 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf