In what is expected to be her final start, Successful Song secured the most lucrative victory of her career when she cruised through the stretch to easily win the $300,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Distaff Stakes.
Quick Tip took the lead on the second turn under jockey Richard Migliore and held off the late charge of Southern Fiction to win the $150,000 Florida Oaks (gr. III) Sunday at Tampa Bay Downs. Quick Tip's Florida Oaks win marks the second straight year a filly bred by William S. Farish and trained by Neil Howard won the 1 1/16-mile race.
Hallowed Dreams won her second consecutive race after having her record-tying 16-race win streak snapped this summer, holding on for a neck victory in a tough allowance race Friday at Fair Grounds. In the feature race, Song for Annie led all the way to win the $75,000 Furl Sail Handicap by 4 1/2 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday