A dark bay/brown colt by Bernardini out of the Somethinaboutbetty (by Forestry) was bought back for $575,000 during the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select sale Aug. 8.
Jockey Garrett Gomez won both of the New Year's Day graded stakes at Santa Anita Monday, including a victory aboard Society Hostess in the $116,100 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Costume Designer, a consistent daughter of Capote, is ready for her first race in nearly seven months in the $100,000-added Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at about 6 1⁄2 furlongs on the Santa Anita turf on New Year's Day.
Quite a Bride, winner of all four of her starts on the grass for trainer Bill Mott, is the likely favorite for Friday's $100,000 Lake George (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Race Course.
Runnin Cardinal Stable and C.E. Glasscock's Somethinaboutbetty took the lead early under jockey Mike Luzzi and was kept to her task to the wire as she galloped to victory in the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship for registered state-bred 2-year-olds at Laurel Park Monday.
After winning all her preliminary bouts, Celestial Legend goes into the main event as the overwhelming 7-5 morning line choice to win the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship, scheduled as the sixth race on Monday at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- MJC: Laurel Meet Offered Building Blocks
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Stacy Mitchhart to Conclude TOBA Dinner
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Seth Hancock Named Keeneland Trustee
- Glen Hill Farm to Sponsor One Dreamer Stakes