A dark bay/brown colt by Bernardini out of the Somethinaboutbetty (by Forestry) was bought back for $575,000 during the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select sale Aug. 8.
Jockey Garrett Gomez won both of the New Year's Day graded stakes at Santa Anita Monday, including a victory aboard Society Hostess in the $116,100 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Costume Designer, a consistent daughter of Capote, is ready for her first race in nearly seven months in the $100,000-added Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at about 6 1⁄2 furlongs on the Santa Anita turf on New Year's Day.
Quite a Bride, winner of all four of her starts on the grass for trainer Bill Mott, is the likely favorite for Friday's $100,000 Lake George (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Race Course.
Runnin Cardinal Stable and C.E. Glasscock's Somethinaboutbetty took the lead early under jockey Mike Luzzi and was kept to her task to the wire as she galloped to victory in the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship for registered state-bred 2-year-olds at Laurel Park Monday.
After winning all her preliminary bouts, Celestial Legend goes into the main event as the overwhelming 7-5 morning line choice to win the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship, scheduled as the sixth race on Monday at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury