Trainer Todd Fincher, who won four races on the New Mexico Cup Championship card last year at Zia Park, seems well-poised to add to his total during the rich program for state breds Oct. 31.
Some Ghost, New Mexico's champion racehorse of 2007, registered an emphatic fourth straight victory in the $100,000 Albert Dominguez Memorial Handicap for state-breds at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino Jan. 4.
Undefeated Peppers Pride, the record-breaking New Mexico mare who goes for her 18th straight win in the $170,000 New Mexico Cup Fillies & Mares Championship at Zia Park Nov. 9, is expected to race once more this year, according to her trainer.
Undefeated Peppers Pride earned the 13th consecutive victory of her career when she dispatched her rivals in the stretch run of the $182,460 New Mexico Cup Fillies & Mares Championship at Zia Park Nov. 11.
The undefeated filly Peppers Pride pursues her 13th straight victory and Rocky Gulch, one of the most popular New Mexico-bred horses ever, returns in Zia Park's third New Mexico Cup program Nov. 11.
The $2 million New Mexico Cup Day offers the richest day of racing ever at Zia Park with the best New Mexico-bred horses chasing the record purses in 11 stakes races on Sunday afternoon.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday