Favored Spice Route, making his first start in 2010, emerged from the pack in upper stretch and swept to an easy win in the $153,999 Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) on Queen's Plate day at Woodbine July 4.
Gus Schickedanz's Marlang led from gate to wire in the $488,745 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 3 to capture the turf jewel of Canada's Triple Crown.
Solitaire, the 5-2 morning line favorite for the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 3, tries to become the first maiden winner of the 118-year-old event since Fair Montague in 1915.
Not Bourbon gave trainer Roger Attfield his record-tying eighth victory in Canada's prestigious Queen's Plate when he held off the fast closing filly Ginger Brew by a head in the $986,737 event on Woodbine's Polytrack surface.
Plate Trial winner Not Bourbon heads a field of 15 Canadian-bred 3-year-olds looking for a victory in the prestigious $1-million Queen's Plate, the oldest continuously run stakes in North America. The 149th Queen's Plate, a 1 1/4-mile event on the Woodbine Polytrack, will be race 9 and is set to go to post at 5:06 p.m. EDT June 22.
Harlem Rocker, regarded as one of the top 3-year-olds in North America and briefly under consideration for the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), failed in his first two-turn test June 1 at Woodbine. The son of Macho Uno finished a well-beaten fourth in the $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes.
Undefeated in three starts and considered by some as one of the most promising 3-year-olds in North America, Frank Stronach's highly-touted Harlem Rocker will face seven rivals in the $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes June 1 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome