First-time starter That's a Stretch raced in midpack early before sweeping to the lead at the eighth pole and winning the fifth race at Woodbine Aug. 16 to become the first winner for multiple graded-stakes winner Exhi.
Grade II winner Exhi and Irish group victor Nephrite have been added to the stallion roster of Park Stud in Orangeville, Ontario, owners Michael and Laurel Byrne announced Nov. 30.
Exhi, winner of the Lexington Stakes (gr. II) in April, thoroughly dominated his three rivals in the $144,795 Victoria Park Stakes June 27 at Woodbine, extending his victory streak to four races.
Favored Exhi, making his first start at Woodbine, drew off from his four 3-year-old rivals in the $151,447 Marine Stakes to record his third consecutive win by 4 1/2 lengths May 29.
English invader Chorist held off favored Alexander Goldrun by a half-length for a front-running victory in Saturday's Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) for fillies and mares at The Curragh.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Fair Grounds, Horsemen Rise to Challenge