Ten 3-year-old fillies, including three shippers and the 1-2-3 finishers in Del Mar's grade II San Clemente Stakes, will head to the gate Saturday for the 50th running of the grade I, $400,000 Del Mar Oaks.
Reunited with jockey Victor Espinoza, Attima rebounded from her last-place finish in the American Oaks (gr. IT) by dominating the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday on the Del Mar turf course.
Grade II winner Attima, trained by Julio Canani, leads 10 3-year-old fillies in Saturday's $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Japanese-bred Asahi Rising will try to follow in the footsteps of Cesario Sunday when she faces seven opponents in the $750,000 American Oaks Invitational (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies on the Hollywood Park turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment