Ten 3-year-old fillies, including three shippers and the 1-2-3 finishers in Del Mar's grade II San Clemente Stakes, will head to the gate Saturday for the 50th running of the grade I, $400,000 Del Mar Oaks.
Reunited with jockey Victor Espinoza, Attima rebounded from her last-place finish in the American Oaks (gr. IT) by dominating the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday on the Del Mar turf course.
Grade II winner Attima, trained by Julio Canani, leads 10 3-year-old fillies in Saturday's $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Japanese-bred Asahi Rising will try to follow in the footsteps of Cesario Sunday when she faces seven opponents in the $750,000 American Oaks Invitational (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies on the Hollywood Park turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream