Ten 3-year-old fillies, including three shippers and the 1-2-3 finishers in Del Mar's grade II San Clemente Stakes, will head to the gate Saturday for the 50th running of the grade I, $400,000 Del Mar Oaks.
Reunited with jockey Victor Espinoza, Attima rebounded from her last-place finish in the American Oaks (gr. IT) by dominating the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday on the Del Mar turf course.
Grade II winner Attima, trained by Julio Canani, leads 10 3-year-old fillies in Saturday's $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Japanese-bred Asahi Rising will try to follow in the footsteps of Cesario Sunday when she faces seven opponents in the $750,000 American Oaks Invitational (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies on the Hollywood Park turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup