Ten 3-year-old fillies, including three shippers and the 1-2-3 finishers in Del Mar's grade II San Clemente Stakes, will head to the gate Saturday for the 50th running of the grade I, $400,000 Del Mar Oaks.
Reunited with jockey Victor Espinoza, Attima rebounded from her last-place finish in the American Oaks (gr. IT) by dominating the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday on the Del Mar turf course.
Grade II winner Attima, trained by Julio Canani, leads 10 3-year-old fillies in Saturday's $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Japanese-bred Asahi Rising will try to follow in the footsteps of Cesario Sunday when she faces seven opponents in the $750,000 American Oaks Invitational (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies on the Hollywood Park turf.
Most Popular Stories
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita
- Pint-Sized Pasadena Girl Uncorks Champagne
- Firing Line Drills in Company at Santa Anita
- Carpe Diem Works for Jet-Setting Pletcher
- International Star Heads Derby Works at CD
- Muhaarar, Redstart Win Newbury Classic Trials
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- Pondarosa Miss Prevails in Easter Thriller