Ten 3-year-old fillies, including three shippers and the 1-2-3 finishers in Del Mar's grade II San Clemente Stakes, will head to the gate Saturday for the 50th running of the grade I, $400,000 Del Mar Oaks.
Reunited with jockey Victor Espinoza, Attima rebounded from her last-place finish in the American Oaks (gr. IT) by dominating the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday on the Del Mar turf course.
Grade II winner Attima, trained by Julio Canani, leads 10 3-year-old fillies in Saturday's $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Japanese-bred Asahi Rising will try to follow in the footsteps of Cesario Sunday when she faces seven opponents in the $750,000 American Oaks Invitational (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies on the Hollywood Park turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio