With the unfortunate morning training death of pre-race favorite Dance With Fate, Frac Daddy, a two-time stakes winner in 2014, is now the likely choice in the $200,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) July 26 at Del Mar.
Last year's Cougar II runner-up stretches back out to 12 furlongs versus 10 opponents.
The inaugural Summer Thoroughbred Festival at Los Alamitos Race Course began successfully July 3 with encouraging attendance and handle figures.
TimeformUS Memorial Day Weekend Stakes Plays - Belmont and Santa Anita read blog
Quick Casablanca and Fire With Fire, separated by a head the last time they met for their respective Hall of Fame trainers, will battle again in the $200,000 Charles Whittingham Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park.
Jerry Hollendorfer trained the top three finishers in the Native Diver Handicap (gr. III) Dec. 14 at Betfair Hollywood Park, including Blueskiesnrainbows, who blasted out of the starting gate in a front-running tour de force.
Trainer Richard Mandella takes a shot at his own record Dec. 14 in the $150,000 Native Diver Stakes (gr. III), a 7-year-old longshot could become the oldest winner in the final running, and Slim Shadey tries Cushion Track.
Mucho Macho Man earned his long-anticipated first grade I victory and stamped his return ticket to the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) with an impressive performance in the $250,000 Awesome Again Stakes Sept. 28.
Grade I winner Paynter, whose comeback from life-threatening illness more than a year ago was stalled in the Woodward Stakes (gr. I), will attempt to atone at Santa Anita Sept. 28 in a race named for his sire, Awesome Again.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Saratoga Racing Secretary Gabriel Leaving
- Santa Anita Hosts Handicapping Event Oct. 4-5
- Gelfenstein Farm Blossoms in Ocala