War Front and Friendly Island, part of a terrific stretch battle in the Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Jan. 7, renew their rivalry Sunday in the $100,000 Deputy Minister Handicap (gr. III) at the South F
Vicarage took the lead after a quarter mile and drew away to a 10-length victory in the $200,000 Perryville Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds Friday at Keeneland.
Undefeated Lost in the Fog did it again while capturing his first grade I victory against an overmatched field in the $250,000 King's Bishop for 3-year-old sprinters at Saratoga Race Course.
Santana Strings and Eibar Coa collared pacesetter Storm Surge in mid-stretch and dug in late to deny Social Probation and 6-5 favorite Silver Train in the $150,000 Amsterdam (gr. II) for 3-year-old sprinters at Saratoga Race Course Sunday.
The Churchill Downs spotlight shines on the 2-year-olds Saturday as the fall meet concludes with the $200,000-added Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) and the $200,000 Golden Rod (gr. II) for fillies.
Elisabeth Alexander's Magna Graduate and Old School Stable's Social Probation, two stakes-placed contenders for the $200,000-added Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) for 2-year-olds on Nov. 27, turned in solid breezes on a frosty autumn Monday at Churchill Downs.
Straight Line, ridden by Brice Blanc, took the lead on the turn and pulled away from his 2-year-old rivals to easily win the $109,600 Iroquois (gr. III) at one mile at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll