War Front and Friendly Island, part of a terrific stretch battle in the Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Jan. 7, renew their rivalry Sunday in the $100,000 Deputy Minister Handicap (gr. III) at the South F
Vicarage took the lead after a quarter mile and drew away to a 10-length victory in the $200,000 Perryville Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds Friday at Keeneland.
Undefeated Lost in the Fog did it again while capturing his first grade I victory against an overmatched field in the $250,000 King's Bishop for 3-year-old sprinters at Saratoga Race Course.
Santana Strings and Eibar Coa collared pacesetter Storm Surge in mid-stretch and dug in late to deny Social Probation and 6-5 favorite Silver Train in the $150,000 Amsterdam (gr. II) for 3-year-old sprinters at Saratoga Race Course Sunday.
The Churchill Downs spotlight shines on the 2-year-olds Saturday as the fall meet concludes with the $200,000-added Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) and the $200,000 Golden Rod (gr. II) for fillies.
Elisabeth Alexander's Magna Graduate and Old School Stable's Social Probation, two stakes-placed contenders for the $200,000-added Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) for 2-year-olds on Nov. 27, turned in solid breezes on a frosty autumn Monday at Churchill Downs.
Straight Line, ridden by Brice Blanc, took the lead on the turn and pulled away from his 2-year-old rivals to easily win the $109,600 Iroquois (gr. III) at one mile at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- Leagues Seek to Halt New Jersey Sports Bets
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff