Sickly foal, which was a $290,000 yearling sale buy-back, has grown up to become a Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I) contender.
J Be K is out of the Oct. 25 Sentient Flight Group Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) at Santa Anita, according to Sobhy Sonbol, racing manager for Ahmed Zayat's Zayat Stables.
No horses inspired buyers to pay dazzling seven-figure amounts during the third day of the Keeeneland September yearling sale in Lexington. But some of the results for the auction's first open session were encouraging after significant downturns during the two select sessions that kicked off the sale.
A chestnut son of Mr. Greeley went to Ahmed Zayat's Zayat Stables for $875,000 midway through the third session of the 2008 Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 10 at the Central Kentucky auction house.
Red Vow, a well-balanced bay son of Broken Vow, set the early financial pace with his $625,000 price Tuesday during the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March select sale of 2-year-olds in training sale in Central Florida.
Grade I winner Downthedustyroad brought $1.5 million to top the fourth session of the 2007 Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 11. For the session, the Central Kentucky auction house registered across the board gains, while the cumulative numbers took a small dip.
The final bid for Chief Officer at the Keeneland January horses of all ages auction Wednesday was $750,000, but it came from someone working for her owner, Egyptian entrepreneur Ahmed Zayat.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Apprentice Aparicio Rides First U.S. Winner