On Eagles Wings was represented by his first winner Aug. 25 as Roy's Eagle posted an impressive 5 1/2-length victory in the first race at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races, a maiden special weight for juvenile fillies.
Shamexpress won the $1 million Newmarket Handicap and Super Cool captured the $1 million Australia Cup March 9 at Flemington.
The National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame has released the names of 87 nominees for induction into the Hall this year, with trainer Neil Howard and jockey Mark Guidry among newcomers on the list for consideration. The Hall of Fame is located at the National Museum of Racing in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Wings of Grace, dam of champion Soaring Softly and grade I winner Plenty of Grace, died Feb. 12 from foaling complications at Darby Dan Farm near Lexington
Kris S., a leading sire and sire of four different Breeders' Cup winners, was euthanized May 7 due to complications from an earlier injury, it was announced by WinStar Farm.
Champions Soaring Softly and Escena produced foals Feb. 16.
Champion Soaring Softly produced her first foal, a Storm Cat colt, on Feb. 8 at Darby Dan Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity