So Sweet a Cat, ridden by leading jockey John Velazquez, disposed of pacesetter South Wing with a furlong to go and drew away to a one-sided victory in the $250,000 Statue of Liberty Division of the New York Stallions Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Race Course Thursday.
Quantum Merit, West Virginia, Ma Femme and So Sweet a Cat registered victories in Sunday's New York Stallion Series, a four-race showcase for state-bred horses at Aqueduct.
Sunday's New York Stallion Series, featuring the Great White Way, Fifth Avenue, Perfect Arc, and Cormorant divisions, will showcase some of the state-bred program's top 2-year-olds and turf horses. All of the New York Stallion Series races are for progeny of stallions standing in New York.
Star Track Farm's Mother's Sacrifice won an early duel with A Perfect Wood and a late challenge from So Sweet a Cat before posting a 1 3/4-length victory in the $155,863 New York Breeders' Futurity that highlighted the Labor Day card at Finger Lakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Tapiture Breezes For Rebel Stakes