Mark Casse, who won the Dominion Day Handicap (Can-III) a year ago with Marchfield, will have two more chances in the latest edition of the $200,000 race when a field of 11 lines up July 1 at Woodbine.
Fifty Proof earned his first graded stakes win when he disposed of odds-on favorite Exhi on the final turn and held on for a half-length win in the $175,871 Eclipse Stakes (Can-III) at odds of 10-1 at Woodbine May 28.
Stately Victor, who took the Bluegrass Stakes (gr. I) in April before off-the-board finishes in the three off-the-board finishes, returned to the winner's circle in the Ontario Derby at Woodbine Sept. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout
- Emerald Downs Seeks New Track Announcer
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Move
- Baffert Weighing Bayern's Derby Week Options
- Derby All About Opportunity for Bolo, Gaines