Mark Casse, who won the Dominion Day Handicap (Can-III) a year ago with Marchfield, will have two more chances in the latest edition of the $200,000 race when a field of 11 lines up July 1 at Woodbine.
Fifty Proof earned his first graded stakes win when he disposed of odds-on favorite Exhi on the final turn and held on for a half-length win in the $175,871 Eclipse Stakes (Can-III) at odds of 10-1 at Woodbine May 28.
Stately Victor, who took the Bluegrass Stakes (gr. I) in April before off-the-board finishes in the three off-the-board finishes, returned to the winner's circle in the Ontario Derby at Woodbine Sept. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 2