Live racing Casino at Penn National Race Course for Thursday night, Feb. 25, has been canceled at Hollywood as the Mid-Atlantic region is being hit by its third major snowstorm in February.
At least five racetracks, including Aqueduct in New York and Laurel Park in Maryland, cancelled live racing Friday as a result of a snowstorm that hit the Northeast. Philadelphia Park and Penn National in Pennsylvania and Charles Town in West Virginia also cancelled live racing Friday.
Silvano, perhaps the strongest of four European contestants in Saturday's Arlington Million (gr. IT), breezed five furlongs from a standing start in 1:02 4/5 over the Arlington turf course Wednesday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth