Joyful Victory, shipping to Southern California from New Orleans, has a golden opportunity to secure her first grade I victory in the $300,000 Santa Margarita Invitational Stakes March 16 at Santa Anita Park.
Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens stole the $200,000 Santa Maria Stakes (gr. II) aboard outsider Great Hot Feb. 16 for his third consecutive stakes win at Santa Anita Park over the past two weekends.
Trainer Jerry Hollendorfer accounts for half the Santa Maria Stakes (gr. II) field of six older fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park Feb. 16, headed by 123-pound high weight Lady of Fifty.
Jenny Wiley Stakes winner Daisy Devine will face fellow grade I winners Tapitsfly and Summer Soiree when she starts in the First Lady Stakes Oct. 6 at Keeneland Race Course.
St. John's River may not have a stakes win under her belt like the majority of her rivals in the July 9 Delaware Oaks (gr. II), but considering her recent hard trying efforts, she appears ready for a major triumph.
Turbulent Descent, the only filly with grade I status entered in the TVG Acorn Stakes, will be tough to beat if the excellent form she has exhibited on the California circuit and Keeneland carries over to Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Zayat: American Pharoah to Run in Travers
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Entrepreneurs Wanted at Arizona Symposium
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Inside the August 8, 2015 Issue