Redoute's Choice and Snitzel are set to finish a respective first and second in Australia's 2013-14 general sires premiership, an unprecedented accomplishment for a father and son at stud in that nation since the 1880s.
With legendary mare Black Caviar's wins in the past three past editions of the Lightning Stakes (Aus-I), co-owner Neil Werrett remained a familiar figure in the winner's enclosure at Flemington.
Maybe Discreet made a gleaming impression in her debut at the group I level April 27 at Morphettville, scoring a convincing 2 1/2-length triumph in the AUS$400,000 Schweppes Australasian Oaks (Aus-I).
Two-year-old colt Pierro remained unbeaten in four starts when he collared pacesetter Snitzerland for a half-length victory in Australia's $3.5 million Golden Slipper Stakes (Aus-I) at Rosehill April 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed