Redoute's Choice and Snitzel are set to finish a respective first and second in Australia's 2013-14 general sires premiership, an unprecedented accomplishment for a father and son at stud in that nation since the 1880s.
With legendary mare Black Caviar's wins in the past three past editions of the Lightning Stakes (Aus-I), co-owner Neil Werrett remained a familiar figure in the winner's enclosure at Flemington.
Maybe Discreet made a gleaming impression in her debut at the group I level April 27 at Morphettville, scoring a convincing 2 1/2-length triumph in the AUS$400,000 Schweppes Australasian Oaks (Aus-I).
Two-year-old colt Pierro remained unbeaten in four starts when he collared pacesetter Snitzerland for a half-length victory in Australia's $3.5 million Golden Slipper Stakes (Aus-I) at Rosehill April 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Distance, Takes KY Oaks
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Rocket Heat Fires to Turf Sprint Victory
- Catch a Glimpse Carries on to Edgewood Score
- Carina Mia Wins Eight Belles at 3-5
- Majestic Harbor Springs Alysheba Upset
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside