Redoute's Choice and Snitzel are set to finish a respective first and second in Australia's 2013-14 general sires premiership, an unprecedented accomplishment for a father and son at stud in that nation since the 1880s.
With legendary mare Black Caviar's wins in the past three past editions of the Lightning Stakes (Aus-I), co-owner Neil Werrett remained a familiar figure in the winner's enclosure at Flemington.
Maybe Discreet made a gleaming impression in her debut at the group I level April 27 at Morphettville, scoring a convincing 2 1/2-length triumph in the AUS$400,000 Schweppes Australasian Oaks (Aus-I).
Two-year-old colt Pierro remained unbeaten in four starts when he collared pacesetter Snitzerland for a half-length victory in Australia's $3.5 million Golden Slipper Stakes (Aus-I) at Rosehill April 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?