Front-running maiden Shamus Award and apprentice jockey Chad Schofield stole Australia's weight-for-age championship in scintillating style Oct. 26 at Moonee Valley.
Elite Australian sire Redoute's Choice reached his 100th individual stakes winner Feb. 23 when She's Clean won the Triscay Stakes at Warwick Farm.
A son of Snitzel was the most expensive horse sold Feb. 14 during the premier session of the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale at the Belmont Park Sales Complex in Australia. He commanded Aust$240,000.
William Inglis & Son's Sydney Classic yearling sale ended its three-day run in Australia with increases of 8.3% in the number of horses that were sold, 11.7% in gross revenue, 3.2% in average price, and 4% in median price.
Inquiry reveals that five stallions being shipped from Japan to Australia were not checked when they arrive in Sydney because the plan had stopped in Melbourne first. One of the five stallions, Black Hawk, didn't even make it to Sydney even though the health certificate indicated the stallion should have been on board.
Snitzel, a group I-winning Australian son of Redoute's Choice, has arrived for stallion duty at John Messara's Arrowfield Stud in New South Wales, Australia.
It was Snitzel [schnitzel] with the works in Melbourne Feb. 26, his win in the 122nd Oakleigh Plate (Aust-I) completing a double for his white-hot Danehill sire Redoute's Choice.
The world's richest 2-year-old race, the $2.8 million (U.S.) Golden Slipper Stakes (Aus-I) over 1,200 meters (six furlongs) run at Rosehill Gardens in Sydney, takes place this Saturday.
Danehill's final generation at Australia's yearling sales has sparked much speculation about succession.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next
- Digging Deeper into BC Lasix Study
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Bill Strauss Elected to Serve on TOC Board