Desert Bloom, coaxed to the front soon after the start by jockey Roberto Gonzalez, was able to dictate the pace and held on through the drive to post a mild upset in the $100,000 Berkeley Handicap (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Queen's Plate hopeful Burst of Fire will contest the $162,600 Marine Stakes (Can-III) Saturday at Woodbine, the same 1 1/16-mile race Wando used as a springboard in capturing the Plate and the Triple Crown.
Sovereign Award finalist Smoocher will be sporting blinkers and new shoes when he runs in Saturday's $1-million Florida Derby (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park.
Graded stakes winner Wynn Dot Comma will get a sharp challenge from a couple of Todd Pletcher-trained rivals, Deputy Storm and Limehouse, in the 51st running of the $150,000 Hutcheson (gr. II) Saturday, a seven-furlong test for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park.
Silver Wagon will hit the trail toward Churchill Downs when he takes the gate against at field of 10 runners in Saturday's $100,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park. The 15th running of the Holy Bull goes as the 10th event on an 11-race card with a first post time of 1 p.m.
Smoocher kissed his competition goodbye with an impressive closing effort in Sunday's $277,250 Grey Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine.
A solid field of nine, which includes stakes winners Twisted Wit, Bachelor Blues and San Diego Blowout, has been drawn for Sunday's $276,000 Grey Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Romansh Tries One Turn in Bold Ruler
- Live Chat - Thursday, October 23 at NOON EST
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Laurie's Rocket to Stand at McDowell Farm
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?