Barbara Smollin's Sir Bear worked five furlongs at Calder Monday morning and is likely to contest the $300,000 Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III) on May 27. The 9-year-old gelding breezed five furlongs in 1:02 2/5.
There is a fountain of youth in Florida, just as Ponce de Leon originally suspected in the 16th century. But the Spaniard, who poked around the St. Augustine area looking for the elixir, would have been better off looking about 250 miles to the south, in the Calder Race Course barn of trainer Ralph Ziadie.
Most Popular Stories
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Storm Washes Away Texas Mile at Lone Star
- Record Average for OBS Spring Sale
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Keeneland Spring Handle Figures Down
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Ramseys Earn Record 15th Keeneland Title
- Casner Still Committed to Salix-Free Racing
- Kitten's Point Surges Late to Claim Bewitch