Tracy Farmer's favored Sun King overcame his outside post in a 14-horse field to easily win the $750,000 Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) under Rafael Bejarano.
Favoritism could be up for grabs when the horses make their way onto the track Sunday for the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. III), which proved so popular this year there are four also-eligible horses listed on the overnight.
Char-Mari Stable's favored Park Avenue Ball proved he could be successful going two turns when he ran away from seven rivals for a 6 1/4-length victory in the $150,000 Long Branch Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Park Avenue Ball, who captured last year's Futurity (gr. II) at Belmont Park but has yet to find the winner's circle as a 3-year-old, gets another test around two turns in the Long Branch Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Monmouth Park on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Carpe Diem Works for Jet-Setting Pletcher
- International Star Heads Derby Works at CD
- Firing Line Drills in Company at Santa Anita
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- KY Derby: Pletcher on April 18 Derby Works
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- Former KY Governor Seeking Third Oaks Win