Tracy Farmer's favored Sun King overcame his outside post in a 14-horse field to easily win the $750,000 Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) under Rafael Bejarano.
Favoritism could be up for grabs when the horses make their way onto the track Sunday for the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. III), which proved so popular this year there are four also-eligible horses listed on the overnight.
Char-Mari Stable's favored Park Avenue Ball proved he could be successful going two turns when he ran away from seven rivals for a 6 1/4-length victory in the $150,000 Long Branch Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Park Avenue Ball, who captured last year's Futurity (gr. II) at Belmont Park but has yet to find the winner's circle as a 3-year-old, gets another test around two turns in the Long Branch Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Monmouth Park on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes