Prohibitive choice Megahertz, who has made a career of winning grass stakes at Santa Anita Park, said good-bye to her Southern California fans Saturday with a trademark victory in the $500,000 Yellow Ribbon (gr. IT) at Oak Tree.
Trainer Bobby Frankel seeks his third consecutive win in the $500,000 Yellow Ribbon Stakes (gr. IT) Saturday at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meet when he sends out Megahertz for what is likely her final Southern California race.
Amorama avoided a traffic jam in the stretch run of Saturday's $400,000 John C. Mabee Handicap (gr. IT) by taking a wide route to prevail by a head over Island Fashion. It was her second grade I win in two lifetime starts on the Del Mar turf course.
Intercontinental and Ticker Tape will renew their fledgling rivalry in Saturday's 48th running of the grade I, $400,000 John C. Mabee Handicap at 1 1/8 miles on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course at Del Mar, with Intercontinental trying to make it three-for-three and Ticker Tape trying to break the spell.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Industry Asks for H-2B Visa Program Support