Prohibitive choice Megahertz, who has made a career of winning grass stakes at Santa Anita Park, said good-bye to her Southern California fans Saturday with a trademark victory in the $500,000 Yellow Ribbon (gr. IT) at Oak Tree.
Trainer Bobby Frankel seeks his third consecutive win in the $500,000 Yellow Ribbon Stakes (gr. IT) Saturday at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meet when he sends out Megahertz for what is likely her final Southern California race.
Amorama avoided a traffic jam in the stretch run of Saturday's $400,000 John C. Mabee Handicap (gr. IT) by taking a wide route to prevail by a head over Island Fashion. It was her second grade I win in two lifetime starts on the Del Mar turf course.
Intercontinental and Ticker Tape will renew their fledgling rivalry in Saturday's 48th running of the grade I, $400,000 John C. Mabee Handicap at 1 1/8 miles on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course at Del Mar, with Intercontinental trying to make it three-for-three and Ticker Tape trying to break the spell.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Preakness TV Rating Grows 6%