Boxed in at the quarter pole, Heavenly Humor and jockey Kevin Radke found room at the head of the stretch and went on to a five-length win in Saturday's $64,650 Miss California Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Golden Gate Fields.
Watson and Weitman Performances' Dirty Diana, another 2-year-old speedster from the talent-rich barn of perennial Del Mar champion trainer Bob Baffert, turned in an impressive triumph in the $125,000 CTBA Stakes. A $2.4 million Pick Six carryover was split among 152 tickets.
A group of 10 2-year-old California bred fillies, including two first-time starters, was entered in Friday's $125,000 California Thoroughbred Breeders Association Stakes. The fillies will run 5 1/2 furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day
- Itsinthepost Goes Long in Elkhorn Stakes