Boxed in at the quarter pole, Heavenly Humor and jockey Kevin Radke found room at the head of the stretch and went on to a five-length win in Saturday's $64,650 Miss California Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Golden Gate Fields.
Watson and Weitman Performances' Dirty Diana, another 2-year-old speedster from the talent-rich barn of perennial Del Mar champion trainer Bob Baffert, turned in an impressive triumph in the $125,000 CTBA Stakes. A $2.4 million Pick Six carryover was split among 152 tickets.
A group of 10 2-year-old California bred fillies, including two first-time starters, was entered in Friday's $125,000 California Thoroughbred Breeders Association Stakes. The fillies will run 5 1/2 furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Work All Week, Alsvid Meet Again in Smile
- Merry Meadow Returns in Princess Rooney
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint