Boxed in at the quarter pole, Heavenly Humor and jockey Kevin Radke found room at the head of the stretch and went on to a five-length win in Saturday's $64,650 Miss California Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Golden Gate Fields.
Watson and Weitman Performances' Dirty Diana, another 2-year-old speedster from the talent-rich barn of perennial Del Mar champion trainer Bob Baffert, turned in an impressive triumph in the $125,000 CTBA Stakes. A $2.4 million Pick Six carryover was split among 152 tickets.
A group of 10 2-year-old California bred fillies, including two first-time starters, was entered in Friday's $125,000 California Thoroughbred Breeders Association Stakes. The fillies will run 5 1/2 furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes