Jockey Rene Douglas, the current leader in the Arlington jockey standings and the defending champion of the last two seasons, recorded the first five-win day by any rider at Arlington Park this season on Saturday.
Richard Englander's Abderian and James B. Tafel's Allspice captured the closing-day Arlington Park stakes races Sunday.
One day after the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships showcase, Sunday's final racing program of the 2002 season at Arlington Park offers two $100,000 sprint stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell