Bentley Smith, manager of Frances A. Genter Stable for some 30 years, died Saturday, Oct. 22, at age 88 in Palm Beach, Fla.
South Florida training stalwart Frank Gomez died Dec. 23 at his home in Pembroke Pines, Fla. He was 78.
A memorial service for Hall of Fame trainer Flint "Scotty" Schulhofer is planned for Feb. 10 in the Serenta Dining Room at Gulfstream Park. The service will last from 11 a.m-noon.
Retired Hall of Fame trainer Flint "Scotty" Schulhofer died Dec. 14 at Aventura Hospital in South Florida. He was 80.
While we'll have to wait until Wednesday morning for the post position draw for the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, the connections of the runners in the TVG Sprint (gr. I) may be thrilled if their horse pulls the number five post.
Although Smarty Jones is from a "speedy" family...he actually comes from a very classic-oriented family, on the top and bottom.
Saturday's ninth race at Calder, the $400,000 Smile Sprint Handicap, sets off a four-race $1.3 million windfall for some of the nation's top sprinters.
After four decades as a trainer, Flint (Scotty) Schulhofer has officially announced his retirement, although he still will be a daily visitor at the barn, which will now be run by his son and long-time assistant Randy.
Forty One Carats established a Calder Race Course track record of 1:08.95 for six furlongs Saturday in a 1 3/4-length victory in the $300,000 Smile Sprint Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Tiz Love First Winner for Slew's Tiznow