While Comma to the Top registered his biggest win in the 2010 CashCall Futurity (gr. I), the Bwana Charlie gelding has placed in three straight graded stakes, including a clear victory in the Daytona Stakes to close out 2012
Grade I winners Comma to the Top and Smiling Tiger tackle four entrants from the barn of Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert, making for an intriguing Vernon O. Underwood Stakes (gr. III) Dec. 3 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Tom, Ian and Les from Twinspires.com handicap the Malibu Stakes on opening day of the Santa Anita winter/spring meet. watch video
There aren't many grade I races in California that Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert hasn't won, but the Malibu Stakes is one of them. He'll take a mighty whack this year with four entrants, including The Factor.
Indiano, last year's champion 2-year-old in Panama, earned his first U.S. graded stakes victory with a decisive win in the Carry Back (gr. II) July 9 at Calder. One race earlier, Devilish Lady captured the Azalea Stakes.
Smash, Cal Nation ship in to take on locals Close It Out, Indiano, and the wild card Bulaga in the $200,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. II) during Calder's July 9 Summit of Speed.
Three-year-olds Awesome Patriot, Coil, Jaycito, Smash, The Factor, and Uncle Sam could all be major players for Bob Baffert during the second half of the 2011 season.
Bob Baffert said Feb. 22 that he is leaning toward the $800,000 Sunland Derby (gr. III) on March 27 for The Factor's next start. The Rebel (gr. II) on March 19 is the second choice.
Placing Kentucky Derby future bets is part of the fun in Las Vegas. Read Blog
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- Whiskey Ticket Wins IL Derby Like a Pro
- Queen of The Sand Rebounds in Santa Barbara
- Hootenanny Successful in Season Debut
- Bodhisattva Gets Classic Credential in Tesio
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby