Dreadnaught, a 7-year-old gelding with more than $600,000 in career earnings, holds a substantial class edge in the $100,000 Sussex Stakes on the Delaware Park turf course Saturday, but the confirmed closer will have to overcome a pronounced track bias to reach the winner's circle for trainer Thomas Voss.
Magna Graduate, sidelined for most of the year, took command of Saturday's $107,700 Queen's County Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct soon after the start en route to his first victory of 2006.
Greg Norman's unlucky Papi Chullo chases his first stakes win once again Saturday in the $100,000-added Queens County Handicap (gr. III) on Aqueduct's inner dirt track.
Augustin Stable's Smart Growth rallied from the back of the pack along the inside to edge Cherokee's Boy in the $100,000 Brandywine Stakes at Delaware Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'