Dreadnaught, a 7-year-old gelding with more than $600,000 in career earnings, holds a substantial class edge in the $100,000 Sussex Stakes on the Delaware Park turf course Saturday, but the confirmed closer will have to overcome a pronounced track bias to reach the winner's circle for trainer Thomas Voss.
Magna Graduate, sidelined for most of the year, took command of Saturday's $107,700 Queen's County Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct soon after the start en route to his first victory of 2006.
Greg Norman's unlucky Papi Chullo chases his first stakes win once again Saturday in the $100,000-added Queens County Handicap (gr. III) on Aqueduct's inner dirt track.
Augustin Stable's Smart Growth rallied from the back of the pack along the inside to edge Cherokee's Boy in the $100,000 Brandywine Stakes at Delaware Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Jara's Sister to Make Panama Riding Debut
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Gains Continue on Third Day at Tattersalls
- Draws Doom U.S. Hopes in HK Jockey Challenge