The Fort Erie Live Racing Consortium said it has submitted a proposal to the Ontario provincial government's Horse Racing Transition Panel to continue live racing at Fort Erie for at least the next three years.
After reaching short-term agreements with 11 of the province's 17 racetracks to continue live racing for 2013, the Ontario government is ready to map out a long-term plan for the industry.
A member of the Ontario Provincial Parliament will address the end of the slots-at-racetracks program in Ontario during an 8:30 a.m. EST segment on the "Equine Forum" Jan. 26.
A 167-day meet at Woodbine in Ontario, Canada, is set to begin April 6, but the lingering slots-at-racetracks issue could make the 2012 meet the last one of its kind.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures