The Fort Erie Live Racing Consortium said it has submitted a proposal to the Ontario provincial government's Horse Racing Transition Panel to continue live racing at Fort Erie for at least the next three years.
After reaching short-term agreements with 11 of the province's 17 racetracks to continue live racing for 2013, the Ontario government is ready to map out a long-term plan for the industry.
A member of the Ontario Provincial Parliament will address the end of the slots-at-racetracks program in Ontario during an 8:30 a.m. EST segment on the "Equine Forum" Jan. 26.
A 167-day meet at Woodbine in Ontario, Canada, is set to begin April 6, but the lingering slots-at-racetracks issue could make the 2012 meet the last one of its kind.
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD
- Ben's Cat Seeks Governor's Cup
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Something Extra Pursues Third Connaught Win