Richard Santulli's Tannery, winner of the Oct. 27 E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT), will aim for consecutive black-type scores while facing the boys in the Nov. 16 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Morton Fink's homebred Wise Dan showed why he was the odds-on favorite in the $750,000 Shadwell Turf Mile Stakes (gr. IT), rallying five wide to win by a decisive 2 1/4 lengths over 48-1 longshot Willcox Inn Oct. 6.
Global Power made his first start at Delaware Park a memorable one as the 4-year-old son of Pulpit held off Slip and Drive and Abilio to win the Sussex Stakes July 21.
Roman Tiger, whose two stakes wins this year include a triumph in the Tampa Bay Stakes, headlines a field of nine in the Sussex Stakes at the same 1 1/16-mile distance as the Tampa Bay Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh