Richard Santulli's Tannery, winner of the Oct. 27 E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT), will aim for consecutive black-type scores while facing the boys in the Nov. 16 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Morton Fink's homebred Wise Dan showed why he was the odds-on favorite in the $750,000 Shadwell Turf Mile Stakes (gr. IT), rallying five wide to win by a decisive 2 1/4 lengths over 48-1 longshot Willcox Inn Oct. 6.
Global Power made his first start at Delaware Park a memorable one as the 4-year-old son of Pulpit held off Slip and Drive and Abilio to win the Sussex Stakes July 21.
Roman Tiger, whose two stakes wins this year include a triumph in the Tampa Bay Stakes, headlines a field of nine in the Sussex Stakes at the same 1 1/16-mile distance as the Tampa Bay Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- A Look Back: Miesque's Second Mile Victory
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette