Richard Santulli's Tannery, winner of the Oct. 27 E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT), will aim for consecutive black-type scores while facing the boys in the Nov. 16 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Morton Fink's homebred Wise Dan showed why he was the odds-on favorite in the $750,000 Shadwell Turf Mile Stakes (gr. IT), rallying five wide to win by a decisive 2 1/4 lengths over 48-1 longshot Willcox Inn Oct. 6.
Global Power made his first start at Delaware Park a memorable one as the 4-year-old son of Pulpit held off Slip and Drive and Abilio to win the Sussex Stakes July 21.
Roman Tiger, whose two stakes wins this year include a triumph in the Tampa Bay Stakes, headlines a field of nine in the Sussex Stakes at the same 1 1/16-mile distance as the Tampa Bay Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House