Making just her second start on dirt in her 4-year-old debut, Chiefswood Stable's Aurora Lights sprung a 10-1 upset in the $100,000 Sabin Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 27 at Gulfstream Park.
The Ohio Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners will honor the 2009 state-bred Horse of the Year Ohio Horse of the Year and divisional champions at their Annual Awards Banquet to be held in May at River Downs.
Satans Quick Chick slid through the inside under Leandro Goncalves and caught Slides Choice and Don'ttalktome in the final strides to pull a 23-1 upset in the $300,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies Oct. 24 at Keeneland.
Like her other five rivals, Marylou Whitney's Tweeter never had a chance when super filly Rachel Alexandra rolled to a record-setting 20 1/4-length victory in the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) May 1 at Churchill Downs. Tweeter, who finished 51 lengths back of the winner, should be more evenly matched this time when taking on mere mortals in the $100,000-added Dogwood Stakes (gr. III), a test for 3-year-old fillies May 30 in Louisville.
The Ohio Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners held its annual awards banquet honoring the 2008 Ohio Horse of the Year and divisional champions Jan. 17 at the Darby House, Darby Dan Farm near Galloway, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- Honor Code Favored in Sparkling Whitney Field
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Priority One Jets to Sponsor Forego Stakes
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity