Making just her second start on dirt in her 4-year-old debut, Chiefswood Stable's Aurora Lights sprung a 10-1 upset in the $100,000 Sabin Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 27 at Gulfstream Park.
The Ohio Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners will honor the 2009 state-bred Horse of the Year Ohio Horse of the Year and divisional champions at their Annual Awards Banquet to be held in May at River Downs.
Satans Quick Chick slid through the inside under Leandro Goncalves and caught Slides Choice and Don'ttalktome in the final strides to pull a 23-1 upset in the $300,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies Oct. 24 at Keeneland.
Like her other five rivals, Marylou Whitney's Tweeter never had a chance when super filly Rachel Alexandra rolled to a record-setting 20 1/4-length victory in the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) May 1 at Churchill Downs. Tweeter, who finished 51 lengths back of the winner, should be more evenly matched this time when taking on mere mortals in the $100,000-added Dogwood Stakes (gr. III), a test for 3-year-old fillies May 30 in Louisville.
The Ohio Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners held its annual awards banquet honoring the 2008 Ohio Horse of the Year and divisional champions Jan. 17 at the Darby House, Darby Dan Farm near Galloway, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Making a Case for Transparency
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC