Joseph V. Vitello's homebred Tenpins rallied from just off the pace to earn a two-length victory over Bowman's Band in Saturday's $350,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III).
Joe Vitello's Grade II winner Tenpins will make his seasonal debut Saturday as the 118-pound highweight against seven rivals in the $350,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Prairie Meadows.
Saturday's $100,000-added Aristides Handicap (gr. III) shapes up like an old-fashioned shootout, with the lightning fast Louisiana-based gunslinger Beau's Town invading Churchill Downs to take on a strong group of determined local stars.
Robert Baker, David Cornstein and William Mack's Proud Citizen, the runner-up to War Emblem in the 2002 Kentucky Derby, breezed five furlongs Monday in a quick :59.20 in his final prep for Saturday's Stephen Foster Handicap.
Edmund A. Gann's heavily favored Medaglia d'Oro and jockey Jerry Bailey assumed control coming out of the gate and pulled away in the stretch to score an easy victory in Saturday's $500,00 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II) for older horses.
Medaglia d'Oro, whose connections bypassed last weekend's Dubai World Cup, will lead a small field to the post with top weight of 122 pounds in Saturday's $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II).
Bonapaw, the 6-year-old gelding who traveled to Dubai earlier this year and finished sixth in the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) sprint, stretched out to a mile and won the Hanshin Cup (gr. III) by 2 1/4 lengths at Arlington Park.
Stonerside Stable's Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III) winner Congaree tuned up for a possible berth in Saturday's Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill Downs when he breezed five furlongs in 1:01 1/5 Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient