Sweet Saga proved extra special for her sire, Oregon stallion Slew's Saga. The 2-year-old filly became the first winner for her first-crop sire when she captured the Barbara Shinpoch Stakes.
Slew's Saga, a major stakes winner by Seattle Slew, will stand at Sue Hubbard and Associates near Santa Margarita, Calif.
Kingfield Racing Stable's Jambalaya and Augustin Stable's Autumn Snow head a wide-open field of nine Canadian-bred 3-year-olds for Sunday's $500,000 Breeders' Stakes on the Woodbine turf.
Ablo, a 19-1 shot guided by Gerry Olguin, captured Saturday's $250,000 Coronation Futurity for 2-year-old Canadian-breds at Woodbine, a key event on the road to the 2005 Queen's Plate.
Leo Getz, a California-based 2-year-old maiden owned in part by actor Joe Pesci, could prove to be the "Lethal Weapon" of Saturday's $250,000 Coronation Futurity for Ontario breds at Woodbine.
Karen and Mickey Taylor's homebred Slew's Saga destroyed a field of Canadian-foaled 2-year-olds Sunday at Woodbine, taking the $250,000 Cup and Saucer Stakes by a widening 9 3/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Suprise
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71