Sweet Saga proved extra special for her sire, Oregon stallion Slew's Saga. The 2-year-old filly became the first winner for her first-crop sire when she captured the Barbara Shinpoch Stakes.
Slew's Saga, a major stakes winner by Seattle Slew, will stand at Sue Hubbard and Associates near Santa Margarita, Calif.
Kingfield Racing Stable's Jambalaya and Augustin Stable's Autumn Snow head a wide-open field of nine Canadian-bred 3-year-olds for Sunday's $500,000 Breeders' Stakes on the Woodbine turf.
Ablo, a 19-1 shot guided by Gerry Olguin, captured Saturday's $250,000 Coronation Futurity for 2-year-old Canadian-breds at Woodbine, a key event on the road to the 2005 Queen's Plate.
Leo Getz, a California-based 2-year-old maiden owned in part by actor Joe Pesci, could prove to be the "Lethal Weapon" of Saturday's $250,000 Coronation Futurity for Ontario breds at Woodbine.
Karen and Mickey Taylor's homebred Slew's Saga destroyed a field of Canadian-foaled 2-year-olds Sunday at Woodbine, taking the $250,000 Cup and Saucer Stakes by a widening 9 3/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Keeneland September Sale: 4,164 Yearlings
- Delaware Jockey Facing Charges After Shooting
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- For Now, Nine Expected to Race in WV Derby
- Korean-Bred Not Just a Novelty at F-T Sale
- WV Stakeholders Seek Racing Revenue Boost
- HRRN On-Site for Haskell, Saratoga Stakes
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth