The 4-year-old half-brother to Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Funny Cide is scheduled to test his talent under the famed Twin Spires of Churchill Downs in an allowance race on Sunday's Mother's Day racing card.
Twenty-year-old Slewacide, perennial leading sire in Oklahoma, was euthanized on Sept. 2 due to infirmities of old age, according to officials at Lazy E Ranch near Guthrie, Okla., where the syndicated stallion stood for the last 10 breeding seasons.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky to Tackle Drug Compounder Concerns
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Minnesota-Breds Featured at Canterbury
- Nebraska Court to Decide on Instant Racing
- Indiana Proposes Emergency Cobalt Threshold
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: Woodward Stakes
- Will Wise Dan Triumph in the Bernard Baruch?
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens