The 4-year-old half-brother to Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Funny Cide is scheduled to test his talent under the famed Twin Spires of Churchill Downs in an allowance race on Sunday's Mother's Day racing card.
Twenty-year-old Slewacide, perennial leading sire in Oklahoma, was euthanized on Sept. 2 due to infirmities of old age, according to officials at Lazy E Ranch near Guthrie, Okla., where the syndicated stallion stood for the last 10 breeding seasons.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Fast Anna Get Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Churchill, Yum! Brands Ink 5-Year Agreement
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- First Reported Winner for Pleasant Strike