The 4-year-old half-brother to Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Funny Cide is scheduled to test his talent under the famed Twin Spires of Churchill Downs in an allowance race on Sunday's Mother's Day racing card.
Twenty-year-old Slewacide, perennial leading sire in Oklahoma, was euthanized on Sept. 2 due to infirmities of old age, according to officials at Lazy E Ranch near Guthrie, Okla., where the syndicated stallion stood for the last 10 breeding seasons.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby