The 4-year-old half-brother to Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Funny Cide is scheduled to test his talent under the famed Twin Spires of Churchill Downs in an allowance race on Sunday's Mother's Day racing card.
Twenty-year-old Slewacide, perennial leading sire in Oklahoma, was euthanized on Sept. 2 due to infirmities of old age, according to officials at Lazy E Ranch near Guthrie, Okla., where the syndicated stallion stood for the last 10 breeding seasons.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding
- Suffolk to Reopen for First of Three Programs