The 4-year-old half-brother to Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Funny Cide is scheduled to test his talent under the famed Twin Spires of Churchill Downs in an allowance race on Sunday's Mother's Day racing card.
Twenty-year-old Slewacide, perennial leading sire in Oklahoma, was euthanized on Sept. 2 due to infirmities of old age, according to officials at Lazy E Ranch near Guthrie, Okla., where the syndicated stallion stood for the last 10 breeding seasons.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh