Seven of the 11 3-year-old fillies for the Aug. 22 Monmouth Oaks (gr. III) come into the race off wins, but the only graded winner in the field -- High Dollar Woman -- drew the outside post in the 1 1/16-mile event.
Unbridled Jet, a grade II stakes-placed son of Unbridled, has been purchased by Jerry Sleeter for stallion duty at Sleeter Farms near Clementon, N.J.
Circle Z Stables' Xchanger, bumped solidly mid-stretch by Actin Good, recovered to edge away from his rival close to home to win the $150,000 Sapling (gr. III) for 2-year-olds by three-quarters of a length at Monmouth Park on Monday.
Whoop's Ah Daisy, a homebred stakes-winning mare for the Sleeter family, has been retired from racing and will be sent to Sleeter Farm near Clementon, N.J., where she will begin life as a broodmare.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal