Seven of the 11 3-year-old fillies for the Aug. 22 Monmouth Oaks (gr. III) come into the race off wins, but the only graded winner in the field -- High Dollar Woman -- drew the outside post in the 1 1/16-mile event.
Unbridled Jet, a grade II stakes-placed son of Unbridled, has been purchased by Jerry Sleeter for stallion duty at Sleeter Farms near Clementon, N.J.
Circle Z Stables' Xchanger, bumped solidly mid-stretch by Actin Good, recovered to edge away from his rival close to home to win the $150,000 Sapling (gr. III) for 2-year-olds by three-quarters of a length at Monmouth Park on Monday.
Whoop's Ah Daisy, a homebred stakes-winning mare for the Sleeter family, has been retired from racing and will be sent to Sleeter Farm near Clementon, N.J., where she will begin life as a broodmare.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- First Foal Arrives for Gainesway's Karakontie
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?