Seven of the 11 3-year-old fillies for the Aug. 22 Monmouth Oaks (gr. III) come into the race off wins, but the only graded winner in the field -- High Dollar Woman -- drew the outside post in the 1 1/16-mile event.
Unbridled Jet, a grade II stakes-placed son of Unbridled, has been purchased by Jerry Sleeter for stallion duty at Sleeter Farms near Clementon, N.J.
Circle Z Stables' Xchanger, bumped solidly mid-stretch by Actin Good, recovered to edge away from his rival close to home to win the $150,000 Sapling (gr. III) for 2-year-olds by three-quarters of a length at Monmouth Park on Monday.
Whoop's Ah Daisy, a homebred stakes-winning mare for the Sleeter family, has been retired from racing and will be sent to Sleeter Farm near Clementon, N.J., where she will begin life as a broodmare.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby
- Preparations Continue for Oaks Hopefuls
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Team Pharoah to Receive Preakness Merit Award
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Red Sailed into the Sunset