Seven of the 11 3-year-old fillies for the Aug. 22 Monmouth Oaks (gr. III) come into the race off wins, but the only graded winner in the field -- High Dollar Woman -- drew the outside post in the 1 1/16-mile event.
Unbridled Jet, a grade II stakes-placed son of Unbridled, has been purchased by Jerry Sleeter for stallion duty at Sleeter Farms near Clementon, N.J.
Circle Z Stables' Xchanger, bumped solidly mid-stretch by Actin Good, recovered to edge away from his rival close to home to win the $150,000 Sapling (gr. III) for 2-year-olds by three-quarters of a length at Monmouth Park on Monday.
Whoop's Ah Daisy, a homebred stakes-winning mare for the Sleeter family, has been retired from racing and will be sent to Sleeter Farm near Clementon, N.J., where she will begin life as a broodmare.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- AUS Breeders Mull Legal Action Over New Rules
- Will Frankel's Success Boost F-T Yearlings?
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires