Keith and Sonja Meadows infiltrate livestock auctions and slaughterhouses, recording animal abuse and posting the videos on the Internet along with investigative reports. Their work has made them key figures in the emotional debate over horse slaughter.
A federal judge in New Mexico Aug. 2 issued a restraining order that will keep two horse slaughterhouses from opening as planned the week of Aug. 4.
The American Horse Council reports that federal legislation has been introduced that would make it a federal crime to transport horses for the purpose of slaughter.
Most Popular Stories
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move