Keith and Sonja Meadows infiltrate livestock auctions and slaughterhouses, recording animal abuse and posting the videos on the Internet along with investigative reports. Their work has made them key figures in the emotional debate over horse slaughter.
A federal judge in New Mexico Aug. 2 issued a restraining order that will keep two horse slaughterhouses from opening as planned the week of Aug. 4.
The American Horse Council reports that federal legislation has been introduced that would make it a federal crime to transport horses for the purpose of slaughter.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes