Keith and Sonja Meadows infiltrate livestock auctions and slaughterhouses, recording animal abuse and posting the videos on the Internet along with investigative reports. Their work has made them key figures in the emotional debate over horse slaughter.
A federal judge in New Mexico Aug. 2 issued a restraining order that will keep two horse slaughterhouses from opening as planned the week of Aug. 4.
The American Horse Council reports that federal legislation has been introduced that would make it a federal crime to transport horses for the purpose of slaughter.
Most Popular Stories
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- BH 100: Summer Saturdays
- China Group to Build Caribbean Resort, Track
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby