Keith and Sonja Meadows infiltrate livestock auctions and slaughterhouses, recording animal abuse and posting the videos on the Internet along with investigative reports. Their work has made them key figures in the emotional debate over horse slaughter.
A federal judge in New Mexico Aug. 2 issued a restraining order that will keep two horse slaughterhouses from opening as planned the week of Aug. 4.
The American Horse Council reports that federal legislation has been introduced that would make it a federal crime to transport horses for the purpose of slaughter.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby