Keith and Sonja Meadows infiltrate livestock auctions and slaughterhouses, recording animal abuse and posting the videos on the Internet along with investigative reports. Their work has made them key figures in the emotional debate over horse slaughter.
A federal judge in New Mexico Aug. 2 issued a restraining order that will keep two horse slaughterhouses from opening as planned the week of Aug. 4.
The American Horse Council reports that federal legislation has been introduced that would make it a federal crime to transport horses for the purpose of slaughter.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby