Keith and Sonja Meadows infiltrate livestock auctions and slaughterhouses, recording animal abuse and posting the videos on the Internet along with investigative reports. Their work has made them key figures in the emotional debate over horse slaughter.
A federal judge in New Mexico Aug. 2 issued a restraining order that will keep two horse slaughterhouses from opening as planned the week of Aug. 4.
The American Horse Council reports that federal legislation has been introduced that would make it a federal crime to transport horses for the purpose of slaughter.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint