Keith and Sonja Meadows infiltrate livestock auctions and slaughterhouses, recording animal abuse and posting the videos on the Internet along with investigative reports. Their work has made them key figures in the emotional debate over horse slaughter.
A federal judge in New Mexico Aug. 2 issued a restraining order that will keep two horse slaughterhouses from opening as planned the week of Aug. 4.
The American Horse Council reports that federal legislation has been introduced that would make it a federal crime to transport horses for the purpose of slaughter.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Aims to Give Summers First Win
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement