Keith and Sonja Meadows infiltrate livestock auctions and slaughterhouses, recording animal abuse and posting the videos on the Internet along with investigative reports. Their work has made them key figures in the emotional debate over horse slaughter.
A federal judge in New Mexico Aug. 2 issued a restraining order that will keep two horse slaughterhouses from opening as planned the week of Aug. 4.
The American Horse Council reports that federal legislation has been introduced that would make it a federal crime to transport horses for the purpose of slaughter.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- Big Move Forward on Concussion Protocol