Favored Hillaby, produced by 2007 Canadian Horse of the Year Sealy Hill, registered her first graded stakes win with a powerful stretch-running score in the $205,481 Bessarabian Stakes (Can-II) Nov. 16 at snowy Woodbine.
Vinery Stables' Regally Ready, blowout winner of a stakes on the dirt in his last start, is scheduled to return to his best surface Sept. 13 in the $200,000 More Than Ready Mile on the grass at Kentucky Downs.
Lael Stables' Ageless showed her sprinting prowess on turf for the third straight time this season when taking the $142,111 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) in a course-record equaling time on the turf July 27 at Woodbine.
The Aug, 17 Ontario Colleen Stakes (gr. IIIT) run at one mile at Woodbine looks to be one big grab bag, with no standout and a number of classy fillies on Polytrack trying their luck on grass, several for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- The Big Beast Sharp in Winning Return
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- Daredevil Still Ready for Rescheduled Swale