A month after tangling in the Nassau Stakes (gr. IIT), five fillies will face a handful of new shooters in the Dance Smartly (Can-IIT) at Woodbine July 5.
John C. Oxley's Sky Treasure became a graded winner May 23, when she rallied from far off the pace to upset in the $200,000 Nassau Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine.
Last year's Canadian champion older female Strut the Course is expected to make her 5-year-old debut May 23 at Woodbine in the Nassau Stakes (Can-II), a mile turf race for fillies and mares age 3 or older.
Uzziel won't have to face off against standout recent opponents Beholder or Warren's Veneda in the $100,000 Wilshire Stakes (gr. IIIT) April 26 at Santa Anita Park, but the she will have to take on another familiar rival.
Favored Hillaby, produced by 2007 Canadian Horse of the Year Sealy Hill, registered her first graded stakes win with a powerful stretch-running score in the $205,481 Bessarabian Stakes (Can-II) Nov. 16 at snowy Woodbine.
Vinery Stables' Regally Ready, blowout winner of a stakes on the dirt in his last start, is scheduled to return to his best surface Sept. 13 in the $200,000 More Than Ready Mile on the grass at Kentucky Downs.
Lael Stables' Ageless showed her sprinting prowess on turf for the third straight time this season when taking the $142,111 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) in a course-record equaling time on the turf July 27 at Woodbine.
The Aug, 17 Ontario Colleen Stakes (gr. IIIT) run at one mile at Woodbine looks to be one big grab bag, with no standout and a number of classy fillies on Polytrack trying their luck on grass, several for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Favorites Dominate on Louisiana Legends Night
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- U.S. Pari-Mutuel Handle Down Slightly in June
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint