Da Big Hoss will face eight rivals Sept. 10 when he tries to become only the second horse to capture the $600,000 Calumet Farm Kentucky Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) twice.
Sky Chai Racing's distance specialist Da Big Hoss easily held back good-closing Clondaw Warrior to win the $300,000 American St. Leger (gr. IIIT) Aug. 13 at Arlington International Racecourse.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s four-day June sale of 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age finally hit its best stride in the third session June 19.
Trainer and Mike Maker and Thoroughbred owner Harvey Diamond have been down the Derby trail together...but this time they mean it.
Last year's juvenile champion gets in his final drill for the May 5 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) at the Churchill Training Center, working in company with Derby Kitten.
Champion Hansen, grade I winner Union Rags, and El Padrino head the list of 3-year-olds nominated to the 88th running of the $750,000 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes.
A gritty win in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) at Churchill Downs put Hansen squarely in the mix for an Eclipse Award and on Jan. 16 he was honored as champion 2-year-old male.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares