Pussycat Doll, coming off powerful grade I victory in the La Brea Stakes (gr. I), could easily stand out among eight 4-year-old fillies entered in Santa Anita's $200,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) at 1 1/8 miles on Sunday.
Sharp Lisa, winless since winning the Las Virgenes (gr. I) as the odds-on favorite as a 3-year-old 12 months ago, gets another chance in Saturday's $250,000 Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Favored Proposed reached the front at the top of the stretch and overpowered her rivals in the run to the wire, easily winning the $150,000 El Encino (gr. II) for 4-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Sunday.
Irish-bred Three Degrees, one of the West Coast's leading 3-year-old fillies on turf last year, is set to make her main track debut on Sunday in Santa Anita's $150,000 El Encino Stakes (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th