Pussycat Doll, coming off powerful grade I victory in the La Brea Stakes (gr. I), could easily stand out among eight 4-year-old fillies entered in Santa Anita's $200,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) at 1 1/8 miles on Sunday.
Sharp Lisa, winless since winning the Las Virgenes (gr. I) as the odds-on favorite as a 3-year-old 12 months ago, gets another chance in Saturday's $250,000 Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Favored Proposed reached the front at the top of the stretch and overpowered her rivals in the run to the wire, easily winning the $150,000 El Encino (gr. II) for 4-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Sunday.
Irish-bred Three Degrees, one of the West Coast's leading 3-year-old fillies on turf last year, is set to make her main track debut on Sunday in Santa Anita's $150,000 El Encino Stakes (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile