In a filing with the federal Securities and Exchange Commission on Thursday, Dec. 7, Churchill Downs, Inc., reported that chief operating officer Andrew Skehan left the company as part of a reorganization announced Dec. 1.
Officials of Churchill Downs Inc. announced Wednesday the company has withdrawn its motion for a preliminary injunction against the Jockeys' Guild after the two parties agreed to an order that member jockeys would not boycott races at CDI-owned tracks.
Churchill Downs Incorporated has signed an agreement with AIG Insurance to provide $1 million in on-track insurance coverage for jockeys who compete at Fair Grounds Race Course in New
Kentucky's racetracks have agreed to work to secure $1 million in on-track medical insurance coverage for jockeys.
Despite divergent agendas, a blue ribbon panel from the Thoroughbred industry spoke to state lawmakers at the annual meeting of the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States in Duck Key, Fla., Jan. 15.
Andrew Skehan, who previously served as Churchill Downs Inc.'s chief marketing officer, has been named the company's chief operating officer. He will assume his new position immediately and report directly to CDI's president and chief executive officer Thomas Meeker.
Churchill Downs Inc. has hired Atiqüe Shah as vice president of customer relations.
For the next two weekends, the Churchill Downs Simulcast Network will offer a pick-three wager linking turf races from Calder Race Course, Churchill Downs, and Hollywood Park. The wager carries a minimum bet of $1 and will link Calder's 11th race, Churchill's 10th race, and the fifth race from Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Ben's Cat Faces Tough Task in Fabulous Strike
- New Jersey to Press On for Sports Betting
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- Suffolk Eyes Simulcast License for Next Year
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale