Dialed In, last year's Florida Derby (gr. I) winner and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) favorite, has been retired from racing and will stand at Darby Dan.
Champion Bernardini, the highest-priced stallion entering stud this year, covered his first mare Feb. 12 at Sheikh Mohammed's Darley near Lexington.
Boosted by the aggressive buying of Sheikh Mohammed, with additional support from a broad base of domestic and foreign buyers, the marathon Keeneland September yearling sale got off to a solid start Monday.
- By Ron Mitchell
A Fusaichi Pegasus filly was purchased by Skara Glen Stable for $1.5 million to top the early portion of Monday's opening session of Keeneland's September yearling sale in Lexington, Ky.
A lawsuit involving a Seattle Slew season sold to Skara Glen Stable by Script R Farm Partnership has been settled out of court.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- John Moore Sweeps Hong Kong G1s
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale