Dialed In, last year's Florida Derby (gr. I) winner and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) favorite, has been retired from racing and will stand at Darby Dan.
Champion Bernardini, the highest-priced stallion entering stud this year, covered his first mare Feb. 12 at Sheikh Mohammed's Darley near Lexington.
Boosted by the aggressive buying of Sheikh Mohammed, with additional support from a broad base of domestic and foreign buyers, the marathon Keeneland September yearling sale got off to a solid start Monday.
- By Ron Mitchell
A Fusaichi Pegasus filly was purchased by Skara Glen Stable for $1.5 million to top the early portion of Monday's opening session of Keeneland's September yearling sale in Lexington, Ky.
A lawsuit involving a Seattle Slew season sold to Skara Glen Stable by Script R Farm Partnership has been settled out of court.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY