Dialed In, last year's Florida Derby (gr. I) winner and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) favorite, has been retired from racing and will stand at Darby Dan.
Champion Bernardini, the highest-priced stallion entering stud this year, covered his first mare Feb. 12 at Sheikh Mohammed's Darley near Lexington.
Boosted by the aggressive buying of Sheikh Mohammed, with additional support from a broad base of domestic and foreign buyers, the marathon Keeneland September yearling sale got off to a solid start Monday.
- By Ron Mitchell
A Fusaichi Pegasus filly was purchased by Skara Glen Stable for $1.5 million to top the early portion of Monday's opening session of Keeneland's September yearling sale in Lexington, Ky.
A lawsuit involving a Seattle Slew season sold to Skara Glen Stable by Script R Farm Partnership has been settled out of court.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- U.S. Pari-Mutuel Handle Down Slightly in June
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win