Topped by three six-figure transactions, Arqana’s one-day v.2 yearling sale at Deauville Aug. 17 registered turnover of €3,481,000 ($3,933,300), a 14% gain from last year.
Anne and Etienne Drionne's Coulonces Consignment sold the day's highest-priced yearling at the opening session of the Arqana October sale Oct. 20, an Oasis Dream colt to Voute Sales.
The Aga Khan's Ervedya ran down favorite Found with thrilling acceleration and edged past late to win the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) June 19 at Royal Ascot.
The Aga Khan's Ervedya was up in time to deny front-runner Irish Rookie victory the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas) May 10 at Longchamp.
French raider Siyouma, unleashed in the homestretch by Gerald Mosse, stormed past the leaders to post an impressive win in the $1 million E. P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) at Woodbine Oct. 14.
Fuisse came charging down the center of the course and prevailed in a blanket finish to the Prix du Moulin de Longchamp (Fr-I) Sept. 5.
Dick Turpin finally gained the first group I victory of his career with a breakout performance in the Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) at Chantilly July 4.
Lope De Vega provided legendary trainer Andre Fabre with his fifth victory in the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I) when he held off Dick Turpin to take the French classic by a half-length May 16.
Alandi capped off an extraordinary weekend for the Aga Khan when he took command with just over a furlong left and held off the late charge of Kasbah Bliss to capture the Qatar Prix du Cadran (Fr-I) at Longchamp Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes