The $200,000 guaranteed Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) has been canceled.
Mark Stanley's Swift Temper fought back along the inside in deep stretch to post a gutsy head victory over California shipper Santa Teresita in the $200,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) April 18 at Hawthorne Race Course.
California invader Santa Teresita has won multiple races on the West Coast, including a triumph in the Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I). But now the daughter of Lemon Drop Kid will have to prove her form on dirt when she takes on five rivals in the $200,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. II) April 18 at Hawthorne Race Course.
Golden Velvet turned the tables on rival Tessa Blue, but only after gutting it out in a neck-and-neck battle with that one in the $200,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne Race Course.
Chilean-bred Isola Piu Bella notched her second North American graded stakes victory this year when she drew off for a two-length win in Saturday's $250,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne.
Sumaya Us Stables' Isola Piu Bella has been installed as the morning line favorite for Saturday's $250,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne.
Live racing returns to the Chicago area Friday as the National Jockey Club at Hawthorne opens its spring meet at the track near Cicero, Ill. Opening day features a 10-race card with first post at 1:10 p.m. The 47-day meet runs through May 13
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hong Kong Announces Awards Finalists
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board