The Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders' Association has announced its 2013 champions. An award presentation and Horse of the Year announcement will take place at the Equine Sales Company of Louisiana May 24.
Brittlyn Stable's homebred Sunbean used a quick turn of foot turning for home and went on to win the $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship Feb. 1 at Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel in stakes record time.
Ciao Bella Luna and Lighthouse Bay head an overflow field for the $250,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) at Keeneland Oct. 19, one of the final graded sprints limited to 3-year-old fillies in 2013.
Star Guitar, a 22-time stakes winner and a perfect 3-for-3 in 2012, was named Louisiana's horse of the year for the fourth year in a row June 8 at the LTBA's annual meeting at Fair Grounds.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Into Mischief closed out 2012 as the third leading freshman sire, following late-season stakes wins by his sons Goldencents, Vyjack, and Sittin At the Bar.
Hot second-crop sire Into Mischief is proving the value of Spendthrift Farm's breeding incentive program called "Share the Upside."
B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm has announced a raise in stud fee for its leading freshman sire Into Mischief, who will now stand for $10,000 stands and nurses during the 2013 breeding season.
Heavy On Themister, under an all-out drive from Rosie Napravnik, scored a one-length victory in the $150,000 Louisiana Champions Day Classic Dec. 8 at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
Steve Asmussen-trained Madame Cactus heads wide-open field stretching out to a mile.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Forty Niner Son Gold Case Euthanized
- Louisiana Puts More Pressure on Fair Grounds