Green Hills Farm's Voodoo Dancer took the lead inside the final sixteenth of a mile to win over Blue Moon by 1 1/4 lengths in Saturday's $168,900 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the firm turf course at Churchill Downs. With jockey Jose Santos aboard, the 4-year-old daughter of Kingmambo covered the 1 1/8 miles in a stakes record 1:46.91 to erase the mark of 1:47.27 set by Behaving Dancer in 1992.
Megans Bluff was headed in the stretch but regrouped to win Saturday's $112,900 Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs. The 5-year-old bay daughter of Pine Bluff completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:42.87 on a good turf course in winning the race for the second straight year.
Most Popular Stories
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf Berth for Birdie Gold
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26