Line of David is off to a promising start to his stud career -- he is near the top of the 2015 second-crop sire list. So far he has been represented by two stakes winners: Firing Line and Cross the Line.
Grade I winner Line of David sired his first reported foals when a colt and filly were born recently in Central Kentucky.
Jockey Mike Smith got a great big 38th birthday present from Azeri, the horse he says put him in the Racing Hall of Fame, Sunday in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Del Mar.
As expected, four runners will test Horse of the Year Azeri in Sunday's Grade II, $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap at 1 1/16 miles on Del Mar's main track.
Only two fillies have committed to taking on Horse of the Year Azeri in the upcoming $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar.
Azeri pushes her winning streak to double figures with a two-length score in the Vanity Handicap.
Trainer Wally Dollase watched rival Azeri gallop on the main track at Hollywood Park Wednesday and conceded the enormity of his mission Saturday. He plans to enter two of his distaffers against the reigning Horse of the Year in the $250,000 Vanity Handicap (gr. I) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes