Line of David is off to a promising start to his stud career -- he is near the top of the 2015 second-crop sire list. So far he has been represented by two stakes winners: Firing Line and Cross the Line.
Grade I winner Line of David sired his first reported foals when a colt and filly were born recently in Central Kentucky.
Jockey Mike Smith got a great big 38th birthday present from Azeri, the horse he says put him in the Racing Hall of Fame, Sunday in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Del Mar.
As expected, four runners will test Horse of the Year Azeri in Sunday's Grade II, $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap at 1 1/16 miles on Del Mar's main track.
Only two fillies have committed to taking on Horse of the Year Azeri in the upcoming $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar.
Azeri pushes her winning streak to double figures with a two-length score in the Vanity Handicap.
Trainer Wally Dollase watched rival Azeri gallop on the main track at Hollywood Park Wednesday and conceded the enormity of his mission Saturday. He plans to enter two of his distaffers against the reigning Horse of the Year in the $250,000 Vanity Handicap (gr. I) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training