Grade I winner Line of David sired his first reported foals when a colt and filly were born recently in Central Kentucky.
Jockey Mike Smith got a great big 38th birthday present from Azeri, the horse he says put him in the Racing Hall of Fame, Sunday in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Del Mar.
As expected, four runners will test Horse of the Year Azeri in Sunday's Grade II, $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap at 1 1/16 miles on Del Mar's main track.
Only two fillies have committed to taking on Horse of the Year Azeri in the upcoming $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar.
Azeri pushes her winning streak to double figures with a two-length score in the Vanity Handicap.
Trainer Wally Dollase watched rival Azeri gallop on the main track at Hollywood Park Wednesday and conceded the enormity of his mission Saturday. He plans to enter two of his distaffers against the reigning Horse of the Year in the $250,000 Vanity Handicap (gr. I) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- The Big Beast Sharp in Winning Return
- Daredevil Still Ready for Rescheduled Swale
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- El Kabeir Breezes for Gotham
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29