Washington Bridge became the fourth 3-year-old filly in five years to win the Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) when she passed them all in deep stretch to win the $150,000 event going away by 1 3/4 lengths at Hollywood Park Dec. 5.
On the same day that Hollywood Park says good-bye Zenyatta, her trainer John Shirreffs will try to maintain a semblance of Z-Power when his solid Brazilian mare Zardana goes for a repeat in the Bayakoa Handicap Dec 5.
Beyondallboundarys will be going for her second consecutive stakes triumph when she takes on eight rivals in the Victory Ride Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Aug. 28 on the Travers undercard.
Tanda, the longest shot in the field, got a dream run at the rail through the stretch to dominate the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita March 28.
La Nez makes her first start in the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) March 28 since finishing third to major Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) contenders Caracortado and Alphie's Bet three months ago.
Blind Luck will be an overpowering favorite against seven rivals when she pursues her fourth grade I win in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) March 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint