Washington Bridge became the fourth 3-year-old filly in five years to win the Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) when she passed them all in deep stretch to win the $150,000 event going away by 1 3/4 lengths at Hollywood Park Dec. 5.
On the same day that Hollywood Park says good-bye Zenyatta, her trainer John Shirreffs will try to maintain a semblance of Z-Power when his solid Brazilian mare Zardana goes for a repeat in the Bayakoa Handicap Dec 5.
Beyondallboundarys will be going for her second consecutive stakes triumph when she takes on eight rivals in the Victory Ride Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Aug. 28 on the Travers undercard.
Tanda, the longest shot in the field, got a dream run at the rail through the stretch to dominate the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita March 28.
La Nez makes her first start in the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) March 28 since finishing third to major Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) contenders Caracortado and Alphie's Bet three months ago.
Blind Luck will be an overpowering favorite against seven rivals when she pursues her fourth grade I win in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) March 6.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- The Devil You Say
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired