Washington Bridge became the fourth 3-year-old filly in five years to win the Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) when she passed them all in deep stretch to win the $150,000 event going away by 1 3/4 lengths at Hollywood Park Dec. 5.
On the same day that Hollywood Park says good-bye Zenyatta, her trainer John Shirreffs will try to maintain a semblance of Z-Power when his solid Brazilian mare Zardana goes for a repeat in the Bayakoa Handicap Dec 5.
Beyondallboundarys will be going for her second consecutive stakes triumph when she takes on eight rivals in the Victory Ride Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Aug. 28 on the Travers undercard.
Tanda, the longest shot in the field, got a dream run at the rail through the stretch to dominate the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita March 28.
La Nez makes her first start in the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) March 28 since finishing third to major Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) contenders Caracortado and Alphie's Bet three months ago.
Blind Luck will be an overpowering favorite against seven rivals when she pursues her fourth grade I win in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) March 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker