By Amanda G. Simmons -- If the walls of her "sunflower" room could only talk...she was a stranger to no one, and an impeccable hostess to all; she was an elegant woman from old Virginia stock, but a modern woman who pursued her career in the Thoroughbred industry long before it was fashionable.
Margaret "Sissy" Woolums, who operated Pedigree Associates in Lexington, died Feb. 28 after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer at the beginning of January. She was 68.
Equine Spectrum and bloodstock agent Margaret C. "Sissy" Woolums have reached an exclusive agreement to hold an online auction of select South American bloodstock.
Most Popular Stories
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Marchman Returns From Short Rest in Woodford
- TCA Draws Balanced Field of Distaff Sprinters
- Atreides Gets Distance Test in Indiana Derby
- Lenny's Place - Episode 2
- New Meet, New Racing Surface
- Shedding My Mask
- A Great Ambassador