By Amanda G. Simmons -- If the walls of her "sunflower" room could only talk...she was a stranger to no one, and an impeccable hostess to all; she was an elegant woman from old Virginia stock, but a modern woman who pursued her career in the Thoroughbred industry long before it was fashionable.
Margaret "Sissy" Woolums, who operated Pedigree Associates in Lexington, died Feb. 28 after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer at the beginning of January. She was 68.
Equine Spectrum and bloodstock agent Margaret C. "Sissy" Woolums have reached an exclusive agreement to hold an online auction of select South American bloodstock.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success