Darren Beadman has had just three rides on superstar mare Tuesday Joy (Carnegie-Joie Denise) and all three have been at group I level. He has landed her home the winner on each occasion.
The Aus$1million Australian Cup (Aus-I) at Flemington on 8 March marked the end of a magnificent career and the emergence of a new staying superstar.
The equine influenza outbreak has not been able to penetrate the outer shell of excellence of the Melbourne Cup (Aus-I). In fact, the Aus$5 million ($4.6million) Cup, at two miles Nov. 6, features as good a field as ever.
Bart Cummings, who had won nine previous LKS Mackinnon Stakes, this year won the race with a true outsider, 88-1 shot Sirmione.
There was to be no Rags to Riches outcome from the BMW Queensland Derby (Aus-I) at Eagle Farm racecourse on Saturday when favored Eskimo Queen, winner of last week's Queensland Oaks (Aus-I) took a tumble with five furlongs remaining.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing