While Fastnet Rock offspring dominated the top of the market, a relatively strong middle market pushed median price into positive territory on opening day of the New Zealand Bloodstock premier yearling sale Jan. 27 at Karaka.
The highly anticipated sale of a half brother to 2012 Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) winner Ocean Park highlighted the second and final session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
Patrick Hogan is recovering in New Zealand after major heart surgery.
The 2006 Inglis premier yearling sale in Melbourne, which opened on Sunday in Australia, continued the global trend of buyers willing to spend on well-topped, muscular yearlings.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos