While Fastnet Rock offspring dominated the top of the market, a relatively strong middle market pushed median price into positive territory on opening day of the New Zealand Bloodstock premier yearling sale Jan. 27 at Karaka.
The highly anticipated sale of a half brother to 2012 Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) winner Ocean Park highlighted the second and final session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
Patrick Hogan is recovering in New Zealand after major heart surgery.
The 2006 Inglis premier yearling sale in Melbourne, which opened on Sunday in Australia, continued the global trend of buyers willing to spend on well-topped, muscular yearlings.
Most Popular Stories
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Distorted Humor Tops WinStar Stallion Fees
- Will Take Charge to Stand for $30,000
- Ashford Execs Testify in Love Me Only Trial
- Bel's Starlet, 27, Dies at Our Mims
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- Zia Park Hosts New Mexico Classic Cup Series
- FTBOA Names New Executive Committee, Board
- Pletcher Pair Heads Turnback the Alarm
- Tommy Town to Stand GI Winner Boisterous