Breed-shaping New Zealand sire Zabeel has died at the age of 29.
Cambridge Stud took center stage on the first day of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale at Karaka Jan. 26, and providing the highlights on a very solid opening day's trade.
While Fastnet Rock offspring dominated the top of the market, a relatively strong middle market pushed median price into positive territory on opening day of the New Zealand Bloodstock premier yearling sale Jan. 27 at Karaka.
The highly anticipated sale of a half brother to 2012 Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) winner Ocean Park highlighted the second and final session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
Patrick Hogan is recovering in New Zealand after major heart surgery.
The 2006 Inglis premier yearling sale in Melbourne, which opened on Sunday in Australia, continued the global trend of buyers willing to spend on well-topped, muscular yearlings.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf