After a stellar 2015/16 season for Cambridge Stud, Sir Patrick and Justine Lady Hogan, Aug. 7 were named New Zealand Breeders of the Year at the annual New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing Awards in Auckland.
Breed-shaping New Zealand sire Zabeel has died at the age of 29.
Cambridge Stud took center stage on the first day of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale at Karaka Jan. 26, and providing the highlights on a very solid opening day's trade.
While Fastnet Rock offspring dominated the top of the market, a relatively strong middle market pushed median price into positive territory on opening day of the New Zealand Bloodstock premier yearling sale Jan. 27 at Karaka.
The highly anticipated sale of a half brother to 2012 Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) winner Ocean Park highlighted the second and final session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
Patrick Hogan is recovering in New Zealand after major heart surgery.
The 2006 Inglis premier yearling sale in Melbourne, which opened on Sunday in Australia, continued the global trend of buyers willing to spend on well-topped, muscular yearlings.
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Migliore Joins XBTV's Digital Media Team
- Reports of Mares Bred Due at The Jockey Club by Aug. 1
- TVG Plans Special Coverage, Events at Saratoga