Caroline Guest, who raced such stars as Tom Rolfe and Sir Ivor with her late husband, Raymond, died May 25 at the American Hospital in Paris, France.
Green Desert not only helped to establish the reputation of Danzig as a sire of sires but has founded a flourishing line of his own stallion sons in Europe.
Vincent O'Brien, widely acknowledged as the greatest European trainer ever, died June 1 at the age of 92 at his home in Straffan, Co. Kildare, Ireland
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers Association announced Jan. 14 that Alice Headley Chandler, owner of Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington and prominent industry leader, will be honored with the Eclipse Award of Merit for a lifetime of outstanding achievement in Thoroughbred racing.
According to published reports, Jolie's Halo died recently following a paddock accident at East Stud on the island of Hokkaido, Japan. The son of Halo was 18.
Bates Motel, champion older male of 1983 and sire of 38 stakes winners, was euthanized Oct. 12 at Gainesway Farm due to infirmities of old age.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Who Will Win the Derby Trial?
- Curlin, Bernardini Colts Top OBS Spring Sale
- Baffert Duo Has Derby Trial as Backup Plan
- Itsmyluckyday Heads Best of the Rest Stakes
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Cooler Temperatures Forecast for Derby Week
- Spring in the Air Back to Sprint in Whimsical
- Genting Americas Bids for NY Casino License