Trainer Nick Zito is hoping for a little payback when his colt Most Distinguished takes on Sir Five Star, conditioned by former assistant Jamie Sanders, in the $150,000 Amsterdam Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga on Monday.
The $150,000 Jersey Shore Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III), one of the few graded sprint events for 3-year-olds in the nation, drew a field of seven from across the United States to help Monmouth celebrate the Fourth of July Wednesday.
Impressive speedster Bordonaro appears to head a field of mostly older sprinters in the June 9 True North Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park. The six-furlong dirt contest for 3-year-olds and up carries a $200,000 purse.
Taking advantage of a suicidal speed duel, H. Gus King's 12-1 shot Sir Five Star rallied wide from off the pace to win the $50,000 Mountain Valley Stakes for 3-year-olds by 8 1/2 lengths before a crowd of 11,809 Saturday at Oaklawn Park.
Irish Dreamer, a $1,500 Ocala Breeders' Sale colt, stormed to a decisive upset victory in the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes on opening day at Oaklawn Park Friday before a crowd of 20,070.
First Regent will make his first start for trainer Randy Morse and main client Mike Langford in the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes, the headliner on Oaklawn Park's 2007 opening day program Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Royal Son Easily Captures Battaglia Memorial
- Stellar Wind Sails to Santa Ysabel Victory
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Avila Defiant in Face of Suspension
- Rodriguez Suspended, Fined for Positives
- Palace Malice in First Work Back for Pletcher
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Godolphin One-Two in Chipping Norton Stakes
- Devine Aida Aces Sloppy Herecomesthebride